green

Monday, January 09, 2006

weekend summary


It seems like it has been weeks since I have written in my blog. I just haven't gotten around to it. This weekend was nice. Texas has been getting some really awesome weather. It is so weird to walk out on a January day and not have to wear a jacket. Today however it won't be in the 80's like the weekend. I believe the high is 70. That is still my kind of weather.

Saturday I went over to my sisters so we could go pick up my treadmill. It was good to see her. And I got to see her new furniture. I really liked it. The love seat sections rock and also recline. Then on the main couch both the end sections recline. I knew couches could recline but I never knew they rocked. It was cool sitting in it.

James and I got the treadmill home and then we went out to Chili's with James's parents. It was fun. It is always fun to go out with them and share what has been happening. After that they came back to the apartment and James and Keith were looking at the washer to see what was wrong with it. I am so thankful too. Now I don't have to go to the laundry mats anymore. I hope I never have to go to one again, lol.

While they were working on the washer Elizabeth and I were playing with the kitties and talking about the future wedding. I still don't know when it will be. It seems between James and I there are going to be a lot of people there. I wish there was a way to find out how many people would come before I pick the place. I guess that would require picking a date first, lol.

On Sunday it was a kick back and relax day. I didn't really do all that much. It was one of those days were you felt like doings something but you didn't know what. And anything that you came up with didn't sound good. So we just stayed home. I did walk on my treadmill while watching hot shots. I definitely need head phones so that I don't blast the neighbors out. I did that for about 30 minutes before I sat on the couch to watch the rest of the movie.

I wanted to run so bad but my doctor advised me not to until my knee is 100% better. I did a little run for about 30 seconds to get it out of my system, but I sure wanted to do more. I will probably stick to listening to my MP3 player while on the treadmill. I will just have to try not to sing. Sometimes when you are in a bunch of noise you tend to think no one will here, but then you realize you are dead wrong. I learned this back when I use to get on the riding lawn mower to mow my parents front yard. It is probably a 2 1/2 acre front yard. Anyhow with the noise of the mower I decided to sing a Shania Twain number and didn't think anyone would here me. And when you think that you really belt it out. Mean while my family and some of my dad's friends that were over at the time got a good laugh.

No comments: