green

Monday, January 23, 2006

Open House Looking


This weekend was nice. Sunday was a bit rainy but it was nice in it's own way. Saturday I got up early and went to walmart to grab the early edition of the Dallas Morning News to see if there were any open houses. The only one that I found in our price range was in the colony and it wasn't until Sunday. Then later I got a call from Lynne' telling me that she found one in Lewisville so we made plans to go and look at it.

As we arrived to the destination of the open house after some confusing directions we discovered that there were two! The first one was very lovely decorated. It gave me a lot of ideas for our future house. The second one was more old fashion but it was a really big house. It is so fun to look in other houses. Later that night James and I watched the Bad News Bears and went to bed. It was a pretty funny movie. I wasn't expecting it to be any good, but I enjoyed it.

On Sunday we woke up to rain. This was the day we were going to venture out to the Keller area and also look at the other open house. James and I went over to the parents house and left for Keller. We were looking at new homes. I fell in love with the first one. I wanted to live in that one forever. I loved how big the living room was and that the kitchen was open to the living room. It had a very roomy feel. It also had rounded corners and arches in the doorways. It was very nice! We also looked at homes by other builders as well. Don't get me wrong they were very lovely as well and I would love to call them home but I am still in love with the first one. However they weren't in our price range. We found some other builders that had models more in our price range and I wish I could view those but of course they only have one of the more expensive ones on display. Awww nuts! ;o) After looking we ate at a Taco Bueno and headed to the open house in The Colony. We found this open house pretty easy, but when we walked in we... well... these guys say it better.


It was gross. It also smelled. We gave it partial credit, given it was a foreclosed home, but we were really not impressed. Especially with the realtor wearing sweats. Not that this house spoke for all of The Colony, we just weren't impressed with the area. We don't like the location, and how populated the area is. We now know that the area isn't even what we want so there is no need to look further there. James and I fell in love with Keller. :o)

We are planning to go there next weekend and drive around some more and hopefully find some open used houses. Although I am sure we may look at some new ones again. I am getting so excited about getting a house. It makes me want to move out now. ;o)

No comments: