green

Monday, January 16, 2006

Wedding Show



On Sunday I went to the Bridal Show in Dallas. There were so many neat ideas and pretty things. Marcy, Elizabeth, and Lynne'' were kind enough to go with me. :o) I am very glade they did. It is also because of them that I went and tried on a wedding dress. It is much like the one I have been looking at but it has more red bead work. When I tried on that dress it REALLY hit me. Hey, I am going to get married!!! I fell in love with that dress. The others seemed to like it too, and Elizabeth got teary eyed. She is so sweet. :o)

It was really cool because they even put a vale and Tiara(however that is spelled) on me. It really came together then. I can't wait to try on the dress again. :o) Lynne'' even volunteered to try on a brides maid dress. It looked so pretty on her. It gave me a good Idea what to look for. The dress had a little bit of a train on it, so I am not sure if I like that. I want them to be able to wear the dress not just for the wedding.

We tried a lot of wedding cakes and other catering food. A little too much cake perhaps. They were all so sweet. Eventually I was taking the icing off and just eating the cake. I was even able to bring a couple home for James to try. Oh, and that reminds me. The grooms cakes were really awesome as well. I think we will definitely do the chocolate covered strawberries and maybe even the stawberries wearing chocolate tuxedos. All of this was getting me so excited about the wedding that it made me want to push for the fall. I am still not sure if I can hold up to that. I won't know until we get a house and then it might be a rush to try to plan a wedding in 3 months. I have been thinking of September 30th for the date if it is in the Fall. I really hope that we can make it then.

We brought home three bags of papers and magazines and cards. When we got home we went to Canes with the boys. (James, Ryan, and Keith) It was fun. The girls were trying to talk about the bridal show and the boys weren't to enthused. They preferred to talk about James's growing hobby of building electronic things. LoL! I eventually started to stare off into space. I hadn't a clue what they were talking about, and I was pretty tired from the day.

When we got back to the apartment I sorted through all my vendor stuff and threw away all the ones I was no longer interested in. I still have to go through the rest and look up prices online. It should be fun though.

After that Elizabeth and Lynne' left. I then went and cleaned my ring and necklace with the jewelry cleaner we each purchased at the bridal show. That stuff is so amazing. My engagement ring was cleaned at the place which was amazing. I didn't even think it needed a clean but when she gave it back it was a real sparkler. My other ring came out beautiful and my necklace was just amazing. It looks new all over again and you can once again see the diamond on it. I really love the stuff.

That night James and I finally saw Narnia. It was an excellent movie and well worth watching it in the theater. That was all of my weekend. It was a really good weekend.

No comments: