green

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

3 day weekend



This three day weekend was a super nice one. James and I left Saturday afternoon to go to the cabin to stay the night with his parents. It was exciting for me because we were bringing Xena and she was going to be able to swim in the lake for the first time. Plus I really enjoy going to the cabin. Of course as usual Xena just will NOT stay out of Joe’s face. Joe has to constantly keep growling at her. I hope she gets over that pretty quick.

I will try to get all of the events in order but when I am having fun I don’t pay attention to what I did and when. Shortly after we got there James and Keith were going to mess around with the motorcycles and Elizabeth and I decided to take the dogs to the lake for a swim.

It was so fun to watch silly Xena bounding through the water. She was a little frightful of the waves but she got over it. Later she was biting at them. She was still all over Joe and so Joe decided to go out to the deep water where Xena couldn’t reach. It was hard to get in with them because the rocks made you pretty unsteady. I was either going to trip and fall in or twist an ankle. I decided to just walk along the shore. Where has my balance ability gone, lol!

It wasn’t long before the pups were done and ready to go back home. After we got back we went out for burgers and FREE beans! They were good beans too! The girl there said that even if you buy just a pepsi you can still have the beans, lol. So as long as I have money for a pepsi I know where I won’t go hungry.

They next day we all went out for a motorcycle ride. How cool is it that all four of us had a motorcycle to joy ride on! The weather was really perfect. That nice cool breeze on my skin was so refreshing. I could have spent all day just cruising around.

James and I went out for a little ride and he took me to the boat dock. It was really nice just to spend time with him not talking about finances or plans for this and that. We just walked along the dock and were pointing out fish and talking about child hood memories of fishing and such. We also decided that we would probably spend another night at the cabin.

On our way back we saw Keith and Elizabeth out on the bikes as well so we followed them around the neighborhood just looking at all the things happening around there. One guy even built a whole train track in his yard. We went to look at it and he let us come in his yard and he got his trains running around the track. It had a small water fall too. It was pretty neat.

After lunch that day we all took the dogs to a sandy beach on the lake. It wasn’t much to look at but it was really nice to have a sandy area with out rocks. It felt really good on my feet and we got to go out there with the dogs. Elizabeth and I had a good laugh when we were out in the water with the dogs. Xena went back halfway to the shore and went potty. It was so nice of her to go away from us and down stream to go potty. Joe later did the same thing. These dogs have great manners, lol!

On Monday there wasn’t much we could do. It poured down rain all morning and all day. When it wasn’t pouring there was still a light rain. We had fun anyhow. We played a game of trouble and skip bo. I really love to play board and card games so this was my kind of day. I really think James doesn’t mind them too much. He just always has something else he would rather do. Monday he was stuck so he participated in the games, lol. :o)

It was a really good weekend. Poor Xena had too much fun and slept all the way home and then the rest of the day on Monday. She was…. dog tired. ;o)


These pictures are brought to you by Elizabeth Herman Photography. :o) One day I will remember to take my camera with me to places.

No comments: