green

Monday, February 01, 2010

Weekend

I didn't do anything outstanding but I rather enjoyed this weekend. Saturday I went to Rachel's place to do a little scrap booking. I got two more pages done! I have 4 pages total that i need to post pictures of on here.

I will also be getting to my cruise pictures eventually. I will probably just pick a few and upload the rest to flickr.

I picked back up on knitting this weekend as well. A lady at work is interested in learning so I will be teaching her Tuesday during our lunch on a dish cloth. I decided to just start the dish cloth to see it it was beginner material. There are a few tricky places to mess up on but I think she can do it. Anyhow I got so excited watching the pattern of my yarn unfold that I finished the whole thing!

That is ok though. I like it so much I will make another one using my red, white, and blue yarn.

I went to the store and picked up some bamboo circular needles. I always said I wouldn't even try them but I needed a size 6 and no other brand had that size. I started knitting last night and i must say I LOVE them!! I am starting a baby blanket at work for a friend/co-worker who just found out she is expecting. I wish i knew the gender going into this but knowing me I need all the time I can get so I have chosen a neutral yellow.
I love the pattern and last night realized it is full of seed stitch! This is a stitch that I don't particularly care for just because it isn't smooth knitting. You constantly switch from front to back every stitch. Considering who this is for I may conquer it. It really is a lovely pattern.

No comments: