On Sunday we got up early again. It actually feels good to get up so early and feel like you get more out of your weekends. James and I took Brooklyn down to my parents for a visit. It was fun to chat and catch up. I was just in time for my mom's pancakes. How is it that moms always make it better, even if I use the same recipe? Anyhow after we left there we were on our way to go geocaching with James's parents. This was so much fun! We found 4 out of 5 that we looked at. For those unfamiliar with geocaching I will explain. It is basically a treasure hunt. You go to the website and load coordinates in your gps where people have hidden things. Then you go drive to the locations and let your gps lead you to the coordinates. It is even more fun to find a park where people have hidden a lot. You go to the spot and look for the hiding spot.
People hide things like a coffee can or film roll holder. Inside is a log that you sign saying you found it. You use your geocaching name. James and I are sloppygeos! Get it sloppy joes/sloppygeos! Haha, anyhow. Some, like the coffee cans, are big enough that there are prizes in it. You can take a little prize and replace it with another. We found one with a prize and traded it for another. It will sit at my desk at work as a souvenir. I recommend geo caching. One was really throwing us for a loop and in the end defeated us. I plan to go back and find it. It won't get the best of the sloppygeos!!I had some photos to put with this but after looking at Elizabeth's pictures from geo caching i am going to use hers.
Swinging wasn't part of geocaching but it was something we couldn't resist!Brooklyn likes geocaching
No comments:
Post a Comment