Poor little Brooklyn got her nose bit yesterday at daycare. It was pretty upsetting for me. The director told me it was a little bruised so when I saw this I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes. I think it was more than a little bruised.
Brooklyn's usual caregiver was out on vacation so the younger girl took over. I think it was a bit overwhelming for her. On top of that they were short handed in the toddler room so they decided to put the toddlers in the infant room. The girl just fed Brooklyn and put her in her bouncer on the floor. Then the rabid toddler decided to make his way to her. The girl said she thought he was going to kiss her but he bit her and hit her with his toy. AHHHH! I don't want toddlers kissing my infant daughter anyhow. I made sure they understood that. And the next time the toddlers have to be in there for her to be in her crib out of reach.
Every time I looked at her face that night a look of pity and sorrow for her was on my face. She would look at me and give me a weird look back. I realized she isn't use to the look from mommy so I smiled at her and she would get a big grin on her face.
The redness has pretty much gone away from her nose this morning but that nasty bruise from the toy is still there. Luckily her usual caregiver is there today so I feel ok with taking her back. I truly believe they were sorry about the incident and that they will do anything possible to keep it from happening again. I know a lot of people think I shouldn't take her back but I can usually tell if a person is truly sincere and I think they were. I know the same thing could have happened at a family event with older cousins and such. I think the younger girl learned a good lesson yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment