green

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mrs. Herman

I am now Mrs. Herman. :o) Just when I think it has already hit me a few hours later I am like, hey, I am Loni Herman now. I think the wedding went really well. It was a wonderful day.

Lynne' went with me to get my hair done, and to capture some photos. I am glad she went, because she helped judge which way my hair looked best. Also I am glad she went because she ended up driving me back to her parents and then over to my house. Turns out it is hard to drive in a mustang with a veil on. Also I couldn't see to the sides because of the veil. So i got in the passenger seat and leaned forward and left the driving to Lynne'. She did a great job. :o)

Then an hour before time to go I realized my front curls were going flat. Katie and Rusty ran up to wal-mart (not literaly *wink*) to purchase a curling iron and Lynne' curled my hair. She even curled her half pony tail and it turned out really cute. I wish I were good with a curling iron. I am afraid if I tried curling my own hair I would end up looking like a burned victim.

We got ready and headed to the Justice of the piece. As soon as I got out of Vanessa's van James was arriving. He looked so good. The song sharp dressed man was playing in my head. He said he played that on prom night so that is what made me think of it. :o)

After a few pictures we headed to the Exit of the Justice of Peace and then the Judge pulled up to let us in. It was time to get married.

James and I exchanged rings and said our vows. I was getting teary and was trying so hard to say my vows with out my voice squeaking. It didn't. :) Before I knew it the judge told James to kiss the bride and I was Loni Nicole Herman. :o)

We went to the park for pictures. Some how I got separated from my husband and we went in different cars. How romantic, lol. It was kind of funny though and I was laughing about it. We reached the park, and I found out it is a much longer walk to the picture spot with high heels on. Eeek! Every one was good about it. Sorry for the blisters it may have caused anyone. The pictures turned out really good though.

After that the bride and groom separated again. My grandparents wanted to see the apartment and so I rode with Shannon and them to the apartment. James left with his parents to pick up his truck, and then he was going to pick me up to go to Golden Corral. Silly me in happy clouds land forgot to get my house key out of Vanessa's van so my grandparents, Shannon, and I were standing outside the apartment waiting for James. Thank goodness it was nice out. James came but by then it was time to leave so my grandparents got a quick look and left with Shannon.

James and I then finished packing for the hotel stay and headed out. We were almost to the highway when James realized he left his jacket at the apartment. Traffic was horrible but we went ahead and went back for it. We were pretty late for Golden Corral, but everyone greeted us at the entrance. That was nice. We then ate, then cut the cake, and opened gifts. I couldn't picture the day going better.

After feeling very exhausted it was time for us to head for the Marriott. It was so awesome. The bed was so soft and had a lot of soft fluffy pillows. We spent a few minutes taking turns falling on the bed. We still have a little kid in us, lol. In the room they had champagne on ice with two glasses and a rose. Also, next to the champagne was pepsi's on ice. Yeah baby!

The champagne was good. It is amazing how the bubbles just keep going. We said some toasts and sipped our champagne overlooking the lake out on the balcony. Then we went down to the hot tub. James got in the hot tub and I swam in the pool for a little bit. The hotel seemed so empty it was like we were the only ones there. It was cool. After that we went back to the room and ordered room service. I had never done that before. It was so cool.

The next morning we ate an awesome breakfast and walked around the lake. We even helped a lost baby duck get back to his/her mama. It took some team work from both James and I but the little duck finally found his way.

There is nothing I would change about the whole wedding experience. And now life begins for James and I has husband and wife.

No comments: