green

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor Day Weekend




For Labor day James, Brooklyn, and I headed up to the lake to spend time with the family. (Elizabeth, Keith, and Lynne') I have probably mentioned this before but I just love lake trips. I love the wind in my face as the boat glides across the water occasionally splashing water in my face. It is a great feeling!





This is "The Islands" of Texoma. I am on the shore of one island taking a picture of the other one. I love how these are sandy beaches and unlike the muddy lakes around here. I would much rather feel sand beneath me then rocks, moss, and mud!






The waves weren't to much here and I think that is partly the reason Brooklyn decided to be brave. She went out about waist high this time just walking along. She was also more confident about walking by herself along the beach. She even played in the sand this time! Before she thought it was dirty and wouldn't touch it. She seemed fascinated. Her grandpa handed her a couple rocks and just held them in her tiny hands. She did try to eat one once but after that she just held them. She had them in her hands until she fell asleep on the boat ride back in which her hand released enough for the rock to be free, lol. I though it was funny.






It was a nice long weekend! I even took Tuesday off to get some laundry and cleaning done. I also set Brooklyn up to go to her new daycare next week. I think it is going to be a great place for her. Brooklyn's best friend is going to be going to the same place so I am very happy about that.
I realized I haven't posted the picture I have of the two. It is hard to keep two little ones focused long enough for a 2 second photo, lol!

No comments: