green

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas 2005

It was a nice Christmas this year. It was so good to see everyone. It is so nice for everyone to get together and share laughs and stories. Thanks to the lovely gifts I just got through watching some episodes of Will and Grace in my fuzzy socks and oh so soft robe practicing my sewing skills, while my candle on its warmer was sending a sweet candy cane fragrance in the air. I also occasionally hit the button to the little snowman playing on his piano while the intro to Will and Grace was playing. Mostly to watch the kitties get very still and wide eyed wondering if they should run and hide from it.

This Christmas began with James's Grandma Johnson, Aunt Michele, and Uncle Gary coming down Friday afternoon. They came over to the apartment to play with the kitties. Of course they were going wild at the extra attention. We then went to Taco Bueno and had supper.

The next day we headed for Oklahoma to have Christmas with Grandma, and Grandpa Herman, and Brad and Rhonda. I had a lot of fun. James was showing off his fast learned skills with the lunar probe. He is good at so many things. It was really a neat toy. It had two metal bars that a metal ball rolled at and upward slant by separating and closing the two bars together. There were holes below for the ball to go in when it dropped. The goal was to make it in the whole closest to you. I definitely didn't have the talent for this game although I did make it once. Pure luck. :o)

Later that evening, after eating a wonderful meal, we opened gifts and even a round of dirty Santa. That truly is a lot of fun. I got to see a taste of real talent. James got a quilt from his grandma that had taken her three years to make. It was so pretty and was made up of over a thousand pieces. Wow!

After presents we sang some Christmas songs. I was proud of myself for knowing most of the tunes this year. Hooray for me! I am not to the point of memorizing words but I will eventually be there. lol. After all of this I could barely hold my eye lids open so I went to sleep.

In the morning we found that Santa had visited and filled our stockings. Santa thinks of all kinds of neat things to put in those stockings. :o) We then ate our breakfast and once again the air was filled with conversation. Then before we knew it it was time to leave for Texas to spend Christmas with the Johnsons.

We got back to James's parents house and there was snack food all laid out and ready for eating. There was little bbq smokies, giant cheese balls, cheese dip and a veggie tray on the table. Those cheese balls were REALLY good. Oh and there were also cream cheese buritos, but they were gone in the time it took you to say cream cheese buritos. They were VERY good as well. Especially dipped in Hot Sauce. Yummy!

After some snacking we played our Christmas Bingo. It was a blast! James really cracked me up because he kept stealing the dvds that we brought to bingo. I guess he liked them that much. He didn't end up with some though. They were stolen for the second time with no chance to get them back. :o) I hope we do bingo again next year.

After bingo we went to the Gaylord Hotel to look at the ice sculpture display. It was the coolest thing ever! LITERALLY! LOL! It was 9 degrees when you walked through the display. It was really neat how they can make that much out of ice. They had bridges and polar bears. There was penguins and a giant angel. The angle was really awesome. It was amazing how much detail there was. I must say that my favorite part was the ice slide. All of us went down the slide. It was so cool and it broke a smile onto everyone's face that slide down. The hotel was beautifully decorated. Lights were shining everywhere and just put you in a state of aww.

When we got back we ate another wonderful dinner with ham. I love ham. Then it turned out that Grandma Johnson had presents for everyone. So we opened them and then it was time for James and I to get home and go to sleep. It was another day of excitement which left us very sleepy.

In the morning we drove back over to James's parents and celebrated Grandma Johnson's birthday, and then went to Fudruckers. When we got back we sang happy birthday to Grandma and we all enjoyed a piece of her ice cream cake. It was very good. Shortly after it was time for Grandma, Gary, and Michele to head back home to Oklahoma.

It was then time for Christmas with my future father in law, future mother in law, future sister in law, and future husband. ;o) I get excited about the things that James and I got for everyone and am anxious all the way until they open it up. I think that feeling is better than receiving a gift, lol. I think we did pretty good except for Kieth's present melting while trying to charge, but things like that happens sometimes. I am just glade he will be able to return it for one and that they weren't out of stock.

That was the Christmas of 2005 ya'll.
With everything so nice and right.
Merry Christmas to you all
And to all a good night.
;o)


No comments: