My weekend started with a call from our apartment complex about 2:00 on Friday saying that all the sprinklers went off in the 900 buildings due to the recent freeze, and I might want to come home and call my renters insurance. Then I asked her how bad because I have two kitties in that apartment, and she couldn't tell me. She asked if I was on the way and I said no my boyfriend is and then she had the attitude that well then he can deal with it. I just didn't want my kitties to get traumatized standing stranded in inches of water.
James called and said it was bad, but not as bad as the last time. Can you believe this is the second time this has happened?! It happened 6 months ago in the same apartment complex but our smaller apartment. And they deal with you the same way. They say that the apartment is livable so they are not responsible for giving our rent money back. You know a card board box under a bridge is "livable" too. *sigh*
James even touched one of the bubbles forming on the wall and is shocked him. NOT COOL! Thankfully James sister came and helped and we got everything into the computer room or at least less to move when the ripped the carpet padding up. We didn't dare stay there that night. Luckily James has nice parents that took us under there wing for the second time, and even let our kitties come too.
We ended up staying at the apartment Saturday night. It was humid and smelly and you just couldn't help but feel icky all over, even when you got out of the shower. All the windows were covered in condensation. I almost wish we would have spent another night with James's parents. The kitties still didn't like stepping on the damp floor so they stayed on the couch. James set up their tunnels so they also stayed in those.
I kind of feel like a baby now but that night I just cried and cried. I can't figure how people could be so careless now days. I was mainly thinking of the apartment complex. Have they even tried to put themselves in the shoes of one of there tenant's that has gone through this. I am sure they wouldn't stand for a humid, mill dew smelling, ceiling falling, paint peeling, damp carpet, but "livable" apartment. I almost feel like calling a news station on them or something.
Since Friday's call no one has called us and asked how things are going or getting on top of the damages. We have all of our fans drying out the carpet. They didn't even supply those this time. I guess I have to go in tomorrow and fill out a big complaint sheet. I just want things to be normal again.
This also happens to be the week of Finals. Talk about stress. lol.
I am still thankful however. Things could have been a lot worse. My kitties and most of our things are ok. I say most but only one thing is broken and we don't even know yet if it is for good. Our washer doesn't work anymore. I hope it is fixable. *cross fingers*
I am thankful it is just a flood and not a fire or anything. I love those cats and I would be very heart broken if anything happened to them. Also our Christmas presents are all ok and we don't have to rush out and get everyone something all over again. I went ahead and kept them at James's parents house under there oh so beautiful Christmas tree. Things will be better soon and there is so much to look forward to. Mostly I look forward to James and I having our own house. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment