green

Friday, June 12, 2009

The trip

I have already posted some videos but now for a little about what all we did.

For future note we stayed at Fawn Meadows. I of course recomend staying at Deer Haven or Fawn Meadows if you go to New Bransfels. Fawn Meadows for a smaller group and Deer Haven for a bigger group or if you just like a lot of room. If you are going down in a group this is the place to go! It was so cool to walk out on the back and see deer. (pics on that below)

I guess I can start by talking about our stay at Fawn Meadows. It is so peaceful there. There isn't the sound of traffic and the air seems fresher. Every once in a while you hear a train which was actually nice. Brooklyn heard the train and made a train noise. She is so funny! I got out the grill to cook some hot dogs and chicken and it was nice just to stare at the open field in front of me and enjoy the shade and the nice breeze. The girls had a blast in the out door shower there. They didn't want to stop playing in it. This picture will end up on the website for the vacation homes. So Brooklyn and Kaitlin are officially models!
















Later on we noticed a lot of deer in the field behind the house. This is part of the group. There were still more further down the pasture. These are the brave ones that came to sniff out the food I sprinkled on the metal bucket.














We made a trip to San Antonio which is only 30 minutes from Fawn Meadows. Not a bad drive at all!! Here Brooklyn and Kaitlin are playing in the flowers around the Alamo. Shame on me for not getting a picture of Brooklyn in front of the Alamo but it would have been a lot harder than snapping a picture. It was close to lunch time and she was a bit cranky. No way was I going to get her out of her stroller right then and her not want to go back in it. I did let her out in the gardens. Less people and no traffic for her to run in to like around the Alamo front.






After the Alamo we stopped at Los Cucos to eat. I saw a fried Avocado stuffed with chicken and cheese so I had to try it. I have never heard of an Avocado made this way and I LOVE avocados. This is what I received on my plate. It looked so good i had to take a picture.














Then I cut it opened and saw it looked even better so I had to take another picture. Looking at it again makes me want another one!















We went to Landa Park to look at part of the river and go on a train ride. The river and spring that ran in to it were so crystal clear. You could easily see 5 foot. The spring was probably 3 foot deep and you can see how clear it is. It was really hard to do this site justice with a camera.














While waiting for the train ride we got the girls cotton candy. Brooklyn's first cotton candy so of course i had to take a picture. She ate this stuff like.... well... LIKE CANDY!!! She made this stuff disappear really fast!

















On our last day we finally found a place to take the girls to the river. We went to Camp Huaco Springs. They charge by the car load up to 4 people. One side of the place is shallow water with a flowing part that went up to my neck. We went there first. It was a little hard because there was a current and you never knew when a big rock was in front of you.


We ended up going to the other side. This side was totally opposite. It had rocks along the edge but after you were past the rocks it dropped off into deep water. We had the girls in their floaties and went out there. They both had Panda floats that they could sit in. These worked great!





























It was so nice to just sit out there and float in the water looking at the beautiful scenery. You can see in the first picture just how it drops off to the deep.




In case the link for the vacation rental doesn't work here it is.

www.newbraunfelsvacationrentals.com

No comments: