The first step is of course cleaning out the pumpkin. I pulled the seeds apart for baked pumpkin seeds so you don't see the pumpkin guts in this picture.

The second step is to cut it up in smaller pieces like so.

Then it is in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or longer or until you can easily stick a fork in them.

Peal the skin off of the pumpkin pieces and cut into many little pieces so that your blender can handle it. A couple table spoons of water may be needed.

Empty all pureed pumpkin into a bowl. Isn't it pretty!? It is ready to use now for your pumpkin recipe. Or...

If you need to store it, it easily can be stored in 1 cup amounts in zip lock bags and put in the freezer.
2 comments:
I am SO IMPRESSED that you did this! Never in my life have I tried and you know that I love pumpkin. OK, you get to make the pumpkin pies this year. :)
Post a Comment