green

Thursday, December 13, 2007

BK

Brooklyn has gotten so good at making her tongue spit noises. Speaking of her here she is in her my first Christmas outfit. She doesn't make the noises like mommy yet but she is sure trying. She has the part down where she sticks out her tongue and blows real hard but she still needs to relax her tongue and let it flow to make the tooty noises. Ok, how many of you are trying that right now?
Anyhow, it is funny how different nicknames come up for her. I love calling her by her full name because I really love the sound of Brooklyn but sometimes I will call her Brooklyn Bear, and just recently B K. I have no idea how it came out i just picked her up and said come on B K. I thought it was kind of catchy but then I think of burger king. Anyhow you can really tell i am rambling but at least I am posting!

A co-worker of mine use to work at starbucks so he was telling me how to make a White Chocolate Mocha. First you make some strong coffee unless you have expresso. I take a taller white cup from work and fill it half way with coffee. You then add a packet of hot chocolate mix. Then you would then add white chocolate syrup/sauce but wee couldn't find any. He said i could just by the morsels and that would work. i bought morsels but i don't think they are the white chocolate kind. Anyhow i put a small palm full of those in the coffee and stir until they dissolve. Then you heat up some milk until it is nice and hot and fill the cup the rest of the way.... well not totally to the top. Then you add whip cream and wha la!

Tasting this mixture it does Not taste like the Starbucks. I talked to my co-worker and he gave me the actual brand Starbucks uses and where to buy it. The brand is Torani and it is called white chocolate sauce. He says they would put two pumps of that in. He also said I could get it at the World Market by my house. We still haven't gone there but I am very eager to try it. James still likes the mix I made before so if this doesn't work out then he still has something he likes out of it. I will let you know how the actual syrup turns out.

No comments: